Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This whole snowmobile thing is really getting annoying. I bought my first sled last year in february. The day before I got my sled was the last time it snowed all season. So I sold the sled in june and I picked up an 01 sxr600 which I have been dying to ride. And pretty much everywhere in the country is getting bombarded with snow accept MA. We havent even had an inch yet. Last year at this time we already had a total of 24 inches fallen. UGH! Sorry just needed to get that off my chest!

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
I feel ya we got snow but no enuff to ride yet I can trailer south, north west or eastt and they have tons

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel ya we got snow but no enuff to ride yet I can trailer south, north west or eastt and they have tons
Lol they just said the other day that we were going to get a huge storm off the coast and it would drop a foot or more on us. Now they changed it to barely an inch.

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
Lol they just said the other day that we were going to get a huge storm off the coast and it would drop a foot or more on us. Now they changed it to barely an inch.
x2 on monday right!im poed man!

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
We are with you here in lower west michigan. We have to travel 100 miles to get some riding in. we're planning a trip to the U.P. leaving Christmas morning.

·
Sn0pro7
134 Posts
i hear you man, everytime the weather says flurries we dont even get a flurry. The only thing to think positively about right now is that is has been below freezing for several weeks now,besides rain last weekend, but lakes and ponds are already frozen enough to skate on...so when it does snow everything should be good and frozen

·
Registered
315 Posts
just be patient ,it WILL snow thats a given !!
it is a bummer that you have not had any yet BUT there has been years here that we
have not been able to go sleding till late jan !!! and i live at 5000 ft above sea level !

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've been there man but we finally got a real Minnesota winter. 24" Base in the first part of December is almost unheard of. You'll get yours soon enough.

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
We got one good 10+ inch snowfall and that was over a week ago. Trails are mostly open, but aren't lasting long. I have a total of about 100 miles this year so far. Put on 60 last night on the trails. They were pretty good, but could have been better.

·
Catfan
393 Posts
same here just 15 miles away they got hit with 12 inches this week. here we got an inch.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
We got one good 10+ inch snowfall and that was over a week ago. Trails are mostly open, but aren't lasting long. I have a total of about 100 miles this year so far. Put on 60 last night on the trails. They were pretty good, but could have been better.
It was all POW.... No good for the trails. We kept hitting rocks with the plastic ski's, and not being used to them, my dad kept worrying that he's gonna break them just by hitting a little stone.... But the stones were everywhere. The trails sucked, but at least we got to go out anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
well here in ct the weather is not too good hoping this storm makes a route change and maybe well get a little bit of snow would love to get a few miles on since all the sleds have done is drive from out back up to the shop now we wait

·
Registered
5 Posts
We got a decent amount of snow in MT...and my sleds down for the count. got some work to do on her and its dumping on us as we speak. Fingers crossed for an easy fix!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know exactly what you mean MXZrider! Iv been riding since i was just a little kid but i live in Arizona! I got a cabin in Island Park Idaho and the only time i get to ride is two weeks during Christmas break. Last year i picked up a 2007 rmk dragon 700 with a 155 track. The first sled iv had that was capable of really deep snow, I was so stoked to ride it, I literally had dreams about it lol. But then when we got to my cabin (a 16 hour drive by the way) there was absolutely no deep snow! First time in my life iv seen that little snow at my cabin. I was so bummed! Crossing my fingers that ill get some good snow this year!

·
2,742 Posts
It was all POW.... No good for the trails. We kept hitting rocks with the plastic ski's, and not being used to them, my dad kept worrying that he's gonna break them just by hitting a little stone.... But the stones were everywhere. The trails sucked, but at least we got to go out anyway.
Oh ya hows the new sled?

·
2,742 Posts
I hate you !Lmao

·
Certified Mechanic
56 Posts
Take a road trip to Michigans U.P! Its the best riding I have ever done, and I have literally traveled the world from my years in the military. Everything is inexpensive up there and the people are so nice. There is always tons of fresh powder and the scenery is beautiful. Sometimes you gotta just get out and ride no matter what. I would sometimes call in "sick" when we would get over a foot of fresh snow overnight during the work week so I would be the first and usually only rider to enjoy mother natures gift. If you really get tired of the sled I'll trade you one of my bikes for it, but most likely it would snow like no other if you went through with that. Just relax, tool on the machine for the meantime, and mark out which days your going to be sick to go ride. Friday and Monday are the best to call in; that way you leave thursday after work, arrive by noon on friday; ride into the evening, ride all day sat and most of sunday, then take off and travel through monday. You will be soar from the riding for work so you can play it off like you had a bad cold with body aches. Hope this helps :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts