Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys I am new to sleds.

I am going to look at a 1998 xcr700 tonight. 1 are they good sleds,anything to look for,and whats should the compression be. 2 the guy is firm at 2600. I know this is on the high side but there are not that many sleds in NJ. the other good things are there is ony 1,9xx miles, he clames its mint,and just got a full service from polaris with new shocks,etc. I am not looking to steal the thing but if i dont get to use it I would like to try to recover as much money as I can at the end of the seson. Is this a fair price?

thanks in advance Alex

·
Registered
570 Posts
Too much money! Where do you plan on riding? There are a lot of sleds for sale in NY if you are willing to drive a couple of hours. Don't get a tripple. They are too heavy and don't make much more HP than a twin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the link. I bought the sled. Turns out it is mint with extra 10 susp. with fox shocks. 125psi in all three holes. I got it for 2300 with lots of extras,new cover,just tuned up,oil,etc. only thing I didnt like is the dip stick for the chain case has metal on the magnit is this normal or should i pull it apart and inspect. paper work says it was checked and oil changed.

come on snow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts