Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 Polaris Sprint 340 twin and was wondering is it worth getting a cowl for,maybe rebuilding it,stud it etc.Could it ever break 100?Also does anyone know how many est hp it has stock?Or should I just go pick up a old Indy?Money isnt all too plentiful btw so I cant just go get a brand new one.

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I forgot to say I wasnt looking for really high speed top end numbers but low end would probally be a must.Right now it seems to take off pretty good though.Runs like a top.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Well i would stud it anyway, but it will take A LOT of mods/work to make that thing do over 100. I would say try to buy an older Indy. You can get them pretty cheap and they are fast.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you happen to know about how fast they go stock?How about the red line on it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whos burning lime?...

No jk.Yes its me.Cool a Nasty Z member here!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 340 you have is a good trail breaker, not alot of power, but light enough to manhandle if stuck. I wouldn't think it would go much over 65mph or so. I have a 91 Indy 500 SP thats clutched piped jetted studded K&N Filters and 100mph is about all its got, might get 105 on real good conditions. If you want some speed and good accleration, fix what you have and sell it and look for a Indy 440 you can get then pretty cheap and they realy go for what they are.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really wanted a late 80's-90's Indy ever since I saw one but no luck yet.

Ron

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
My old 88 indy sport 340 would do 60 mph, it had a 2 up seat on it and my a$$, but i wouldnt expect it to go faster then 65.

·
Registered
570 Posts
No it's not worth putting money into it. Just ride it like it is. Since money isn't very plentiful it would be crazy to waste it on this sled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts