Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the track on my arctic cat lynx is about as useful as a steaming turd....and i'm wondering if studding it will help. the thing is i almost never ride on ice, but through heavy powder and breaking trails, the track isn't working to well. i was wondering if studs help in powder? thanks

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Nope... if you run in powder, all the studs will do is tear up your trailer/driveway/garage.

If you've got the $$$ to stud it... I'd go buy another track with bigger paddles. For the conditions you described, you'll spend about the same, but the new track will *definitely* help you hook up - way more than studding will!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree, go for a paddle track. Then again, if you're just looking for a new track, head down to the dealer and see if they have an "take-offs" that would fit your sled. A lot of folks go with the paddle track as soon as they buy a new sled. You can usually get a pretty good bargain on the track that was removed. Your sled is a little older, so I don't know if the newer tracks will fit. Obviously the firecat tracks won't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts