Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at getting a 2000 srx 700 with 3000 miles on it for $3500.00. Has all the bender triple exhaust, roller clutches, whatever he said was with the fuel system i never heard of, ported out and producing 154 hp on less then 500miles of new rebuilt. When we were out at the end of february, it spanked an 04 f7 and 04 viper, the 1000cc heavy thing...lol, needless to say what it did to mine and my buddies 800 doo. Just wondering if it seems like a fair price considering the $1500 in addons and the porting done. I am a doo fan so bare with me. Love the way the sled goes but just dont know what its worth.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Hmm.. even with all of the add-ons, the price seems a little steep, maybe around 3200$ sounds more reasonable, but im just going by what its like around here.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Add ons add zero to resale. Personally I would deduct from the price for an engine that is ported. If you like headaches you will love owning a highly modified sled. I would not buy it for $2000. What do you do when a cylinder goes bad. You can just bolt a new one on. You buy a new one and try to find someone who can match the porting. If you want a fast sled save up your money and buy a mach-z or a zr900 or a fusion.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry it took awhile to get back and say thanks, snow here actually took out my internet, the whole 4 inches of it thats nearly gone. The guy i was getting it from is about 60 and he cant handle it no more. So he bought a new ditch-pickle, i mean an F7, for a more comfortable ride and not all crazy fast. It does have the stock cylinders with it so thats not a problem, but looking at some around here it is a good deal, he was even goin to give me it for 3000 for being a friend. Thanks for the input guys. Was going to get an 800 but they only have about 10 horses on me so i might keep it another year and then let the ol'lady have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts