Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Trying to find trail maps for the areas in question. I've found a couple, but no real good maps or web sites. It can't be that hard to find trail maps, can it?

I'm not looking for hundreds of miles, just some decent trails. So where in these areas are good for riding? I'm thinking of going to mid WI for a weekend.

Thanks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's the way it was looking. I know I've seen trails out by me, actually a half hour west of me (rte.47 and 64, 38). So how do I know what is open to the public? Are these trails I'm seeing public or do you have to be part of a club? Most of them are in farm fields.
My old neighbor moved out to Union IL and has 6 acres and lots of farm land around him he can use (he is friends with the farmers) and they let him ride on them.

I seen a few state parks have some short trails. I guess something is better than nothing! One other thing, when I do find a place to go where do you park for the day? Do they have parking areas for people that trailer their sleds?

Yes, lots of questions!
Thanks again!

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
I know that the forest preserve at 53 and 72 has snowmobiling with 4" of snow they are open.
Yes the I&M has place to park I went from about I55 to Ottawa.
And the Hennepin has parking at Bureau Junction.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. That is Busse Woods. That is very close to me. I'm sure I will hit up those trails just to make sure my sled is ready to go.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
I have a complete different set of sleds just to ride here in Illinois, low snow machines.
91 SRV, 89 Ovation and a coupla Bravo's!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts