Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI EVERYONE! my name is NICK i live in north east ohio (THOMPSON/MONTVILLE) just got my first sled but im not new to slowmobiles, ive been around em my whole life, just first time owning one. so what i got is a POLARIS 680 ultra SP no mods bone stock has 4100miles and runs A+ i plan 2 do a few mods such as pipes and maybe high comp heads and 4 sure do something with the airbox if anyone has some nice used pipes let me know! but here is a question to i started havin a problem with the lights they just stopped workin? HELP:dunno: THANKS!

Attachments

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
First off, Welcome!! Those are very reliable sleds and fast ones! First, I would check that your water pump works and that the belt is still good. That was one of the problems with these. Second, You probably need a new voltage regulator, or check all of your wiring, to make sure every things plugged in. I don't think you can get high comp heads for this sled, but pipes are everywhere if you look. I would invest in some nice plastic ski's for this sled. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill check the wiring again but i bet it is a voltage reg , as for the heads i know they made em dunno if they still do my uncles 680 had em, i used 2 race that on asphalt best 1/4 time was a 10.99 but it had low trap speeds for the times it ran, it also had slp pipes wich are what im looking for cuz i guess slp doesnt make those anymore so i guess used on those guys it also had some fancy air box wich i dunno if thats still made or not but ill settle for filter on carbs he is goin 2 do the clutch on mine prolly so that will be done also

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scratch that ur right they dont make high comp heads my uncle had a guy make em SORRY! just found this out about an hour ago

·
Repair Shop Owner
528 Posts
Welcome!! You don't live to fare from me!! Yep they don't make a high comp head you will just have to have some mill work done one them. Get some tripple SLP pipes and if you are going to rune air pods on the carbs you will have to rejet the carbs!! My Ultra is just plain sicking fast! Ran a friend on his AC f7 a couple days ago twice and it was a even race both time's!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the welcomes! yea i hope 2 find some SLP pipes with the triple silencers they sound SICK! none of the single silencer crap lmao so if anyone knows anyone sellin some let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts