Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 16 and I am interested in racing. I have a few ??:
I want to race a mxzx 440 rev- How do go about buying a new 1 not a used to race.
How much does it cost and should I get some local stores to sponsor me to get started.

I don't know if this matters but I am 5'11 and about 180 pounds.

Any help would be great
Thad

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
there's info and the general cost on skidoo.com. i'd try a local dealer, i fyou know the guys there.you could also, if you got the cash, to start by yourself then gain sponsorship i guess.

·
Registered
228 Posts
it all depends on how good u are. if u r any good, wait a few races and see if you can get support. bye the way a new rev isn't too cheap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im from Central New York also and a great place to start is at the race that is coming up that will be held by Oswego Speedway. If all goes well it will be held sometime in early February. It won't be the pros racing but snocross experience anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey,
My first part of advice is to get a used race sled. You won't be able to get a brand new race sled because only people who are accepted onto the race programs(via applications w/heavy race experience) because of lack of experience. Pick the brand you are most familiar working on, since you'll prolly be working on it a lot. Second, get in good w/a local dealer. This will help you get parts for cost and have yourself and the sled available to the knowledge they have. Third, make sure you try to talk to local business for sponsorship. This is an expensive sport so having a sponser helps out a lot. Pick out a few races that are close to you and aren't world class...so you can get used to it, but make sure you get the appropriate membership to these races/associations. And being in shape isn't a bad thing either... Have fun, and good luck to ya!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree, i started racing 2 years ago and i got sponsorship right away, and it helped a ton. just ask people u know that own businesses most of the time they will be happy to help

i wouldnt go overboard on the sponsors right away because then you are expected to do better. buying a used sled would be much better because then u can test whether u like it or not and u most likely wont be able to get a new sled because they only make a certain amount of race sleds in a year and they go to select people only.

but hey good luck ne way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts