Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, now that my sled no longer has warranty, I'm wanting to change to a cheaper oil but I don't want to skimp on protection.
Polaris VES Gold, I'm paying $18 per liter.
Any suggestions?
Amsoil?

2010 IQ 600
Widetrak

Thanx.
Andrej

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ouch, are you getting hosed. Our local Polaris dealer sells the 4 quart ( US ) - 3.78 litre jug for $52.99 ( CAN ) which is the MSRP. This year they started selling bulk at $11.25 / litre. That's full litres - 4 will fit in the blue VES jug.

Sorry, don't have any suggestions for an alternative. I am one who believes that " motor oil is motor oil ". Get the cheapest ' variable exhaust ' grade injection oil you can find.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use Amsoil in my sled. I just got the sled so I can not tell you if the oil works better than other oils. I have just had incredible results with my cars using amsoil. So that is all I use now. I am beginning to understand you get what you pay for generally. I want to run the best oil I can buy so I avoid some problems later. Good luck.

·
Registered
615 Posts
skidoo mineral oil runs cleaner than ves.7000miles and no problems on modified sled clean valves once a year.amsoil can have problems with bearing overheating.crank bearings will be blue from being so hot.but some people swear by it and never have problems but some motors dont like it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts