Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My local Arctic Cat dealer sells Arctic CAt 2 cycle Injector Oil for $13.00 per gallon. WalMart Sells "2 cycle TC-W3" oil for under $6.00 per gallon. I have 3 sleds, a 95 Wildcat 700, a 97 ZR 580 and a 98 Pantera 800, Why should I buy the Arctic Cat oil for double the cost????????? Is it Just BS or is it really worth it??

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can get Shell oil for half the price my dealer wants for AC oil.
For what he wants, I could buy Shell synthetic but i don't think I need it. I use the regular stuff but stick to a brand name oil.

·
Registered
36 Posts
we run the cat oil in our 97 puma, but in my eltigre i run penzoil tc-w3 cause its the only name brand that is sold in gallons. I figure the penzoil is good enuf for it cause the guy before me ran stihl chainsaw oil in it at 50:1 for over 700 miles without any problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i would never use cheap oil in my sled. My 97 mxz has only used ski doo synthetic since day1. My buddy uses whatever is on sale and his sled has been rebuilt 2 times. Plus with the ski doo sythetic the rave valves are supposed to stay cleaner. just think how much you payed for your sled just spend the extra 5-6 bucks and buy the good shit. fact or fiction i do not know, but i dont wanna find out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found some independant articles on this subject and it seems there is no trust in the TC-W3 oil over long periods. Some snowmobile manufacturers said it was ok but after time went by they pulled it from there minimum recomended oil. (too many engine failures) So Im gonna stick with the Arctic Cat oil. Its still cheaper than some of the other oils I've seen at some other sled stores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts