Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the looks of the 04 PRO-X(not X2 although they arent bad), and i was wondering.. My dads friend and some other people i know have the PRO-X's and they dont race. but when the sled comes outta the box is it trailable right then or do you have to mod it to be trailable?

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
trailable? like ride it on trails??? why wouldn't you be able to ride it on trails....as long as you assemble it, put oil and gas in it....sure...why wouldn't it be?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know i mean ride on trails but some sleds arent the greatest trail sleds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Pro-X is for Aggressive trail riding and ditch banging because it has much stiffer shocks. If you like to cruise at lower speeds then you should go with the XC SP.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even though my sled(89 indy sport 340) i cant really ride agressive on, i love to ride agressive and thats why i want the pro-x

·
Registered
33 Posts
Some "race" sleds from the factory come with high compression heads, translates to high octane or mix fuel... that may be the basis for the original question.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I got this one, the pro x is i think the best trail sled i have ever ridden, yes the xc sp is more geared towards actuall trail riding. My experience is that the pro x 600 is the best bang. They are really fast off the line, can keep the suspension on low and not bottom out also. They have a switch that lets you run low octain or premium gas. It adjuststhe timing to prevent engine damage. As for the stiffer shocks, yes, but not so bad that they are not worth it, if i wasnt purchasing a switchback 800, i would get a pro x 600. no doubt

dano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts