Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kinda new to snowmobiling but i have had riding experience ive put 200 or so miles on a 00 skidoo mxz 440, its not bad but its not great at turning and likes to follow the other snowmobiles tracks and not enough power for me :). My question is how will a firecat work out for me? I will be doing some playing in fields and some trail riding and a little jumping once in a while the trails are bumpy and then there are wide open areas. If not a fire cat what would you sugjest?

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
nothing worng with a fire cat, other than it still might dart a little bit(follow other skidoo tracks) where as something with a dual runner ski would be better, less darting. It is a good all around sled, but then agian today they are all quite well built

·
Registered
101 Posts
The firecats rock for aggressive trail riders. It takes a few miles to get used to it and when once dialed in it'll rail around turns excellent. Handles the rough stuff with ease and a fun sled to play on. Though with your limited experience I would suggest only a 500. As far as the darting issue with a sled properly alligned and the suspension setup right it shouldn't be much of an issue.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yea i would say you get the f5 its plenty fast and good for what you want

·
Registered
11 Posts
The F-5 would feel like a rocket compared to the 440. The 2004 Firecats came with dual runner carbides so there is no darting problems

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
oh i never knew the 04's had the dual runners on em, i should pay a little more attention to them lol, my friend does have one, and i do want one lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The 04 Firecats wont dart at all if set up properly.only thing is inside ski lift in hard corners,you just have to use a little more body english.but not near as bad as a Rev

1 - 9 of 9 Posts