Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i might buy a 99 srx 700,has carbs ported,196 studs, 3500 miles great shape for 2500.. good deal?

or a 98 srx 700 clutch kit, traction rods,196 studs,ohlins schocks,deluxe cover,2800 miles 2500... good deal?

never owned a yamaha before i was wondering how these sleds perform with handling and speed. also any information and what one would you guys pick? thanx everyone
zach

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I love yamaha, they are great sleds. The SRX is one of the top speed yamaha sleds I would take it

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
I own a Yamaha and it has been very dependable for me. Because of that, if I buy another sled in the future, it will be another Yamaha. My wife is a Polaris fan, and she has a Indy Trail Touring 2 up sled. That has been a nice sled also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK, let me start by saying I currently own a 2000 SXR 700....

I was new to sledding a few years back, and really had no intentions on getting into the sport so to speak. I race ATV's semi pro and was a die hard Honda guy because of it (250R's). For anyone that was or is familiar with the quad racing scene, up till recently yamaha was not THE quad to have on the MX track... Banshees were always the basis for my Yamaha opinions and I was not really impressed to say the least. Never really liked them.

I opened up a Powersports store several years ago, which is how I got my sled. A local guy rolled in moving to Georgia and had this Yamaha 700 he wanted to sell. It was July, I had little intrest in the machine mainly because it had that blasted YAMAHA name stuck to it , but he needed traveling cash and I got it for a steal (500.00!). That started my sickness......

*Jump to now*

I ran the heck out of this sled for that first season, not having a whole lot of faith in it. I'd scoured the web for information and heard about cranks crapping out on the triples, blah blah blah and everything else, so was just waiting for this thing to leave me stranded. Weird thing though... it didn't break. I'd thought of selling it the next season still not sold on it'd reliability, but ran it some more. Still did'nt break... I think it was when I towed my buddy 40 miles back to the cabin on his broken mach z that I decided it's only Yamaha sleds for me.... rubbed off too. My old faithful 250R has been replaced by a YFZ450, and I'm looking for a viper so I can pass the SXR on down to the wife. Safe to say I bleed blue now. Get the sled and don't look back, your gonna love it.

For what it's worth, I've yet to have a viper or SXR/SRX come into our shop for repairs.... only maintainence and upgrades. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts