Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a 2001 SXR 700. Is there anything I should know about this sled? Are they easy to start in cold temps, how do they ride, are they known to break down alot? Etc....

Any info would be appreciated...Thanks

The guy is asking 3500 and it has 1200 miles on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
great sled, i got one.

reliable, fast enough, sounds great, good ergonomics, great handling, good on oil and gas, reliable reliable reliable, never fouls plugs, looks nice, great fit and finish.

blue belly pans prone to light blue areas from stress flexing, light heating from a propane torch will temp fix.

there is a headlight relay update for them. With sled on low beam it can die after it starts and backfire... headlight fix is cheap and fixes it , any good yammie dealer will know what part number you need.

some good mods for it on tech page at totallyamaha.com

·
Registered
482 Posts
a bud I ride with has that same sled 2001 SRX.
His has got the OHLINS suspension and BENDER pipe.
as of the last ride last year hes got just over 5000 miles on her and has done nothing to her.
He buys a new sled every 2 years, but he said he keeping this one for a couple more. we just got done putting rings in it the other night, to fresh'en it up.
I've ridden it numerous times and it rides great and handles EXC.

If the one your looking at is in good shape and has been taken care of you'll be VERY happy with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts