Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 85 indy 400 for my son. and my father in law has a 93 indy 500 that he just had a xtra 10 rear end put in it. he said i could have his old one to put in my sons. but since they are both a 8 inch would the 93 be any better then the 85? or would it even be worth it? not sure if they are the same or not since they are 8 years between the 2.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I pulled an xtra 10 front and rear suspension out of a 97 xc 700 for my 86 indy trail. My old rails where about 3 inches longer which wouldnt do any harm if it where the same in your case. Just make sure that the tips of the rails dont hit the cog/driver when installed. Also check to make sure the spring are in good condition and not leaking, check your suspension straps to be sure they are present and not riped or torn. Either way newer is not always better... Just do some checking on both suspensions......

·
Registered
323 Posts
Personal opinion, 8 inch to 8 inch really isnt going to improve anything, now if you were to yank out the old 8 and install an Xtra 10, you would get some ride improvement

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know a xtra 10 would be better but i'm not putting one in his sled. just want to know if they are the same or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts