Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background:

1995 Polaris Indy 500 EFI.
Sled starts and runs fine until battery dies.
Charging coil resistance tests within specs.
Battery voltage does not increase when sled is running ---> failed regulator/rectifier (alternator controlled switch).

Problem:

I know that I need a new ACS LR36 (Polaris part # 4060105) however this part has been discontinued. Does anybody know where I can find a new one or what combination of current production parts will give me the same results as as having a new ACS, i.e., what regulator and relay combination will work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
indy efi acs lr36

I need an LR34 for a 1993 indy and I saw 2 LR36 on ebay and ended up with both of them, I am not sure if I can use then in place of the LR34 that I need, stator is a little different on the 94 and up sleds that use the LR36 with 5 wires and the LR34 that I need has only 4 wires, anyway I have 2 LR36's, one is new and one is used and I have now found the correct LR 34 for my sled, if you want one I can let you have the new one for $85 plus shipping from bellingham wa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Newhouse, thanks for reply. :thumbsup:

I ended up finding a new one last year; otherwise, I would definitely be interested. Good luck on the resale.

Thanks again,

-D-

·
Registered
1 Posts
indy efi acs lr36

I need an LR34 for a 1993 indy and I saw 2 LR36 on ebay and ended up with both of them, I am not sure if I can use then in place of the LR34 that I need, stator is a little different on the 94 and up sleds that use the LR36 with 5 wires and the LR34 that I need has only 4 wires, anyway I have 2 LR36's, one is new and one is used and I have now found the correct LR 34 for my sled, if you want one I can let you have the new one for $85 plus shipping from bellingham wa.
I was wondering if you still have one available

1 - 5 of 5 Posts