Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im posting about my indy again , yesterday we took it out and drove it when it was boggin and at the end it started backfiring , yeah it was overheating , we touch the clutch side cylinder and it burnt my finger , the other cylinder was warn but not hot , also the radiator it smashed on the pipe side , (1985) its dented right up in and im wonderin if that was getting cut off if it would cause one side to overheat? thanks .

·
Super Moderator
18,334 Posts
I don 't think that the radiator will cause only one side to get hot. I would suspect a lean condition on the PTO (clutch) side. What is the color of the spark plug on that side? You can test the seal behind the clutch by spraying some carb cleaner or starter fluid or even wd40 on the seal while the engine is idling. If you get any change in idle RPM, the seal is leaking. You can check the rubber carb boots the same way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
One on your carbs might be really off

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the clutch side is burning white as can be and the other side is brownish blackish

·
Registered
58 Posts
clutch side is running lean u want a tanish color to ur plugs and if worst comes to worst foulled is better then white i suggest not going anywhere on that sled unless you plan on spending alot more money first thing u need to do is find out why its lean on the clutch side dirty carbs maybee and check compresion on both cylinders might need rings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts