Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 600 edgex xcsp with 144 studs and v-force3 reeds, and a can installed. It has M-10 suspension and I was wondering if anyone has any input on how to gain roughly 10 HP. Any feed back would be appreciated.

·
Registered
228 Posts
single pipe and billit head! do you have those little grey reed stuffers in your reeds still? if so take them out and throw them in the garbage.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I am in the process of putting pipe, silence, air box upgrade and clutch kit on my 800 13 hp gain. you too could do this. When you do though remember the clutching, you can have all the power in world but a clutch that cant take it. Just wont be weighted right so no power gets to the track :(

dano

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info fellas, I will look at the reeds. I had planned on a clutch kit for it and preference for anyone? Would it be benificial to re-jet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will I see any gains by rejetting with the v-force reeds? How much am I looking at for a clutch kit? Is there anything I can do with the air box?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
most definetely. You will notice a huge difference in the sled with the reeds and jetting down. Your throttle response will be a hell of a lot better and your acceleration will be a noticably faster. They really wake up a motor.

·
Registered
711 Posts
there is a air box mod that makes the intake bigger. This should be done with a new pipe anyway. You can increase air going out but need to increase the intake to make it worth it.

Its called an air horn and SLP sells it i believe. All it does is open up the top of your air box more to allow for more air. The is a tube kinda thing that keeps things from getting in there as well.

Also there is these air vent you can put on top of your air box that are adjustable so you can play with it depending on tempurature as to not burn down your engine, however i will have to check my snotech mag at home to remember the name

1 - 9 of 9 Posts