Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be just a little slow on this topic but.. In all the Pro/ jumping vids like slednecks for example, the sleds look super light, fast, manuverable, and can handle jumps perfectly. I have watched other people ride and myself included and it seems like I am not riding what they call a snowmobile. If you know what i mean. What to do to make a heavy 2000 xc 500 ready for anything I can dish out?

·
Registered
711 Posts
ah yes grass hopper, your questions are good.

They are souped up like crazy for what they do. The have 1000cc plus engines, light weight everything. anything they dont need they take off to lessen the weight. It would cost around $2000 if not more to make a sled like that from a stock sled ( and that is not including the engines they drop in there.

here is the list. First that 500 wont do much for ya.

but..

pipe
can
reeds
booste bottle
clutch kit
light weight control arms
light weight rear suspension.
long track extension
tune the carbs nicely.
light weight radius rods.

again you can do most this to your 500 but i would not put on the long track untill you get a 600 at least but really a 700 or an 800. sit back and watch the money flow. also you may be better off buying a prox or some other snow cross sled. Now there is a difference between a goo mountain sled and a good snowcross sled you can beat the hell out of. this is just a few ideas. as you can see we could go on and on.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
dano said:
ah yes grass hopper, your questions are good.

They are souped up like crazy for what they do. The have 1000cc plus engines, light weight everything. anything they dont need they take off to lessen the weight. It would cost around $2000 if not more to make a sled like that from a stock sled ( and that is not including the engines they drop in there.

here is the list. First that 500 wont do much for ya.

but..

pipe
can
reeds
booste bottle
clutch kit
light weight control arms
light weight rear suspension.
long track extension
tune the carbs nicely.
light weight radius rods.

again you can do most this to your 500 but i would not put on the long track untill you get a 600 at least but really a 700 or an 800. sit back and watch the money flow. also you may be better off buying a prox or some other snow cross sled. Now there is a difference between a goo mountain sled and a good snowcross sled you can beat the hell out of. this is just a few ideas. as you can see we could go on and on.
[/QUOTE

What he said

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
It is going to be tough to get a sled like they have because of all of the mods they do to it like dano said..

I wish i had a sled that was crazy fast like my dirt bike and had the suspension it has too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts