Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 exciter 570 electric start sled. Looking for a like new. Or rebuilt clutch for it. I want it to work with the oe electric start. Paypal ready. Illinois. What do you have?

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
So whats up with yours? Your borderline between the ypz and the yxr clutch year and model wise, cant remember when they switched.

Finding a good, used clutch for that sled will be a crap shoot, but there should be several parts or parts clutches available depending on your needs. It may serve your better interest seeking rebuild parts say like if the sheaves are scarred or the spider is cracked. Then there is always the comet style aftermarkets.

I have a pile of clutches and clutch parts taking up space that I would be more than happy seeing them go to good use as opposed to collecting dust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dad... Lol. I see rebuild kits but they dont replace much. So then i gotta pick and choose a ton of parts. My current one is not fully enguaging. Some rollers seem to have too much play etc. Ive seen the comet clutches. And on the yamaha parts house websites they offer a "kit" but dont mention whats in it.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
So thats the yxr clutch. Most likely that kit #32 is long gone. Never really bought an entire kit, per say, knowing a thing or three about clutches, you have the movable sheave bushing, clutch cover bushing, rollers, rollers shim bushings, cam arm bushings, and probably a couple other wear parts.

If your sheaves are in good shape along with the spider, theres the major expense. I didnt take the time to see if the other wear parts were available on-line, but I probably have most the other wear parts needed to freshen up your clutch. Long story short, if I was in your shoes, I would go through what I had to know it was right before buying the proverbial "pig in a poke".

No difference between the e-starts and the pull starts clutch wise(just to narrow your search), the starter engages the ring gear attached to the flywheel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well sir. If you think or have a good clutch and know what you would replace. Instead of me guessing. Id be happy to purchase one from you with your recommendations on what you would replace. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts