Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my fuel gauge on my Formula 3 and still dont work. I have 2 gauges and 2 sending units and they both dont work. I mean both sets work but they dont read correctly. My fuel gauge read 100% full tank no matter what i do. I have switched gauges with each sending unit and they all both read the same. I even DISCONNECTED the sending unit and the gauge still moves to full tank. The gauges move to empty when the sled is off but goes right back to full tank. What the heck is causing the gauges to read incorrectly??? The wires arent connected wrong either and even if I do connect them wrong on purpose the gauge doesnt work. Any Suggestions!!!!!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
if it was me, i would try running a ground wire from the body of the unit to the neg battery terminal and see if it works

be VERY careful to avoid any sparks!

bad grounds do strange things

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a battery on my Formula 3. No Electric Start!!!!!

Thanks for the comment tho.

·
Registered
197 Posts
oh sorry about that

try a good engine ground, find a screw, bolt etc thats clean that you can attach a ground jumper to

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I grounded the sending unit and even grounded the gauge and still does the same crap!!!!! I need to purchase a clear gas tank. Any suggestions on where I can get one???

·
Registered
25,424 Posts
So you can't even get a cap with a gauge? Personally I don't go by any gauge anyway! I cary a flash light and just look! My Big Cats can pass anything, except a gas station! My ZRT can go about 50-60 miles on a tank! You can always just set you trip od and now when you need fuel!

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have a Cap with Guage and its an Arctic Cat Cap. The cap is the same one that's on my zrt but its a bit short to fit all the way to the bottom of the ski doo tank. Anyways I will prob stick with the gas cap style but really do want a clear tank for my sleds tho. Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate it!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts