Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
Grudman
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am predicting a major snow fall for the first week of December. What do you all think this year snow fall will be for Ill!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Hopefully better then the last couple. We really need temps to stop and stay down. Channels were starting To freeze. Last week. I'm suck trailering til lakes freeze which sucks.

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Lets hope! I usually start doing Carbs the Friday after Thanks Giving! I will start with the old Fanners first, just in case we do get an inch or two!

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
well farmers almanac says bitter cold
and lots of moisture!!
lets do the snow dance together!!!
hope it sticks around.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I predict JACK SQUAT for the northeast!!! Our winters pretty much suck anymore. Consider yourselves lucky living out there. We're lucky to get ANY snow anymore. Even in the lake effect areas the snow these past several years has been marginal.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Funny you say that Dan because never in my life have I bought a new sled until a couple of years ago, but the very season I buy my brand new sled the snow pretty much stopped. I'm 36 and I've been riding since I was 8 and we always had at least decent snow until.... Yeah. I'm starting to consider a sacrificial sled burning or to somehow fake out the snow Gods and make them think I got rid of all my stuff.... lol!!! I'll try anything at this point. If this year gives us crap conditions here I don't know what I'm gonna do.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I could move out west, I'm pretty sure the east would get pummelled immediately. Of course, the snow would dry up entirely in the west if I did that. I know! I could just suffer a debilitating injury that would make me sit out the entire season. That would ensure plenty of snow for everyone!

Sent from my MB865 using Snowmobile.com App

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Or you could just trailer to the snow, where ever it is!
I do! I put on 1200 miles on the truck to ride 300, with Renegade!

·
Super Moderator
17,313 Posts
I frequently go 140 miles round trip in the truck for a 50 mile ride on the sled. You do what you have to do ;) That's a LONG way from 1200 like KC does,though! Most days, I can hardly lift my legs after the 50 mile ride, 300 would be impossible!

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
We left here and went to Green Bay they had 16" of fresh snow got there and found out the trails were closed! So we went towards Big Bay Mi, had dust on our skis! Then went over the bridge and found snow down by Cadi Mi! We went all the way around Lake Michigan.

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
ya it was a crazy ride in the truck, but
finally hit snow after 1000miles.
burnt thru a set of ski's & hyfax in all
that dirt in the up, then end up riding
in cadillac- where i always went. lol
i learned a valuable lesson.
go where you know the trails are open & no dirt. ;)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I've been driving to my sister's house to ride every time the past couple years. It's a 150 mile trip each way. Even up there the conditions were marginal a couple times. The trail out to Tupper Lake wasn't even open the last couple trips because the snow wasn't deep enough to cover the railroad tracks. (Seasonal railroad)

Sent from my MB865 using Snowmobile.com App

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
Yeah, how bout that sign outside of the motel room! What a trip!
ya we shoulda took a pic of the "no snowmobile parking"
sign with our sleds parked right under it.
it sure was dark that night. we obv didnt look up. lol

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Speaking of fanners I'm looking to get the girls a 250 and a 340 for xmas keep an eye out. Just can't justify the price of 120s and there outgrowing the kitties

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Grudman
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lower Michigan got about 12 inches of lake effect more coming down tonight. Might have to see where I can go riding early in the year.

1 - 20 of 366 Posts