Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Looks the same as the neighbor's 1998 XCF 440 .. it's extra 10 I believe. As for adjustment you will have to put it in and then set it up accordingly.

·
Registered
328 Posts
no i think your all set i believe its from a sled from 95-00 range what is your sled? and the only thing tha caught my eye was trhat it looked to have the limiter straps on the front a little high as if it was in an older wedge

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i believe its from a sled from 95-00 range what is your sled?
That's the kicker. I want to put this in my Exciter II. I could have spent $200 on new shocks for the old skid but I would have still had the old, crap suspension. My friend who knows much more than me said these Xtra 10's were the way to go.

The fact that there are only two rear wheels still seems strange to me. That's okay to run?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, thanks.

The parts diagram for a 1998 XC700 shows four rear wheels. So what do you guys think of mine only having two. Less unsprung weight?

Hyfax, grease, shock rebuild. Anything else to look at replacing before I install this?

·
BAHNN Motorsports
189 Posts
the idler wheels were there at one time but were since removed probably because the bearings went bad. They were where the washers/spacers are now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts