Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 95 xlt touring sled just for parts, and by looking at it Im guessing the primary is off something else as the whole electric starting system was eliminated/bastardized. How do you decode the number on clutch? TIA

·
Registered
1995 Polaris XLT Touring
548 Posts
I have the same sled and had to have the primary rebuilt when I bought it last summer. My sled's original clutch must have been replaced before I ever owned it because it's stamped 1996 on the front plate.

Taper is different on the triples than twins and can't be interchanged. I learned this the hard way this year.

What color is the spring in yours? Stock is gold, weights are 10M - 49.5 grams.

Starter gear should look like pics attached.

Tried to take a pic of the part number stamped to the back of the fixed sheave...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't had a chance to dig to deep into the machine it runs and we drove it onto my truck I got it for the track and suspension and reverse chaincase. The starter and ring gear are missing so I'm guessing its a 580 dropped in to make a sled, knowing where it came from I'm parting it out lol way to much stuff bastardized under the hood. .I'm a 440 488 f/c type sledder, no interest in liquids lol

·
Registered
1995 Polaris XLT Touring
548 Posts
How's the front suspension? I've got a couple of parts I'd be interested in upgrading on mine. ... Seat probably isn't good at this point either is it?

I'm in full engine rebuild mode at the moment but I'm set on restoring the old thing haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts