Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is thank God I decided to rip rear of sled apart.
shocks are getting rebuilt now (and boy were they pooched) New Torsion springs are on and new Idler wheel. New Rear spring for front shock.
i wanted to replace the Spring rollers also as I found they are huge wear item. Boy were they Done!
It’s so bad they we]ore into the alum of the slides
Not to mention slides are hosed also.
i made a video but took snips out of video
Sleeve Finger Bag Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory

Finger Creative arts Metal Fashion accessory Craft

Automotive lighting Nail Metal Fashion accessory Electric blue

Wood Tool Auto part Metal Bicycle part

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice catch. Problems like that can leave you walking, or worse! Glad you found it in the shop!
Yeah just happy I pre bought those to replace anyways. Was either on hear or Hardcore that someone said if you have sag in suspension to check those rollers as they are a wear item and will cause sag as it will not tension the spring correctly
so i bought them just in case I would replace as a preventive thing only to find out mine were roasted.Lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the Slides! I would say they are pooched also. New ones will be here Friday.
got the shocks Back today from rebuild as expected guy said they were beyond done. One almost had no oil left he said lil longer I would have really damaged the hell out of it.
The unit is all back together minus the slides. I can put it back in sled once I get new slides installed once they arrive Friday.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Wheel Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No replacing with same stuff.
I only ride at most 500 miles a year or so. they should last afew years.
I am doing all this work to sled to make its next few years with me reliable then I can maybe look into new sled

·
Administrator
19,276 Posts
Just fiy, Polaris hyfax has the casting line on the sides of the hyfax as a wear indicator. If you are not close to that line, you are still not at risk of wearing into the metal.

Be that as it may, I would have replaced 'em too ;)

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Have found they not only last longer but slide a lot better as well. For what an extra couple bucks per hyfax/slide? Also has nothing to do with miles on hyfax has to do with the conditions you are riding in. Less snow the more those hyfax have to work to keep things moving along. Seen a few buddies with plastic hyfax melted to their clips because they were riding in low snow conditions including a pair with 300 miles on them.

But I also get where you are coming from on the low mileage stuff. I haven't ridden in 3 years now it must be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts