Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's a nice find there. Wish Polaris would have kept that 400 two-stroke around. I've heard of them being modified to put out 80+ hp pretty easily. Congrats on the new addition, have fun.

-Marc

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
0to60n3 said:
Now I have more. 2 units in 2 months, Thanks e-bay.
How 'bout sending me some of that money you're throwing around.....:) Isn't eBay awesome? That's where I found my 92 Mach 1.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Nice 4 wheeler you got there, my friends neighbor has the red scrambler 500 4x4 and that thing is sweet!

·
Registered
48 Posts
wires said:
That's a nice find there. Wish Polaris would have kept that 400 two-stroke around. I've heard of them being modified to put out 80+ hp pretty easily. Congrats on the new addition, have fun.

-Marc
Your not gonna get 80+ hp out of a POLARIS 400 AUTO. it just doesn't happen. OUt of a BAnshee or raptor or other big bores yes, but only by spending thousands of dollars. Just to clear it up, Polaris quads are sissy compared to yamaha.

·
GIT ER DONE
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SierraCrust said:
Your not gonna get 80+ hp out of a POLARIS 400 AUTO.

Just to clear it up, Polaris quads are sissy compared to yamaha.
What if it was a 400 Stick shift?

Good thing I have one of each then.:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
i can c pic

·
Registered
42 Posts
o nvm no i now i can

·
Registered
64 Posts
80hp 400

this is addressed to the one and only, uninformed and completely
disrespectful,-------- sierracrust.

if you dont think 80 hp from a 400l is possible, you need to check your resources first. polaris's are not "sissy" compared to yamaha's, actually they are much "less sissy" than yamaha's. this is reflected in the fact that they weigh a boat load. i hit a telephone pole at about 50 mph on my ancient trail boss. bent the front of the frame by about 4 inches. thats beefy, not sissy. a 'shee would have bent in half. i bought a lt250r (suzuki quadracer) that had hit a pole, it was bent in half. yes the performance of the lt is much better, but that does not make the polaris "sissy". slower, yes, by far. but not "sissy". so get your slang right before you look any more ignorant and disrespectful. and no, i am not biased towards any brand, as i own the following:

86 polaris trail boss
99 polaris supersport
86 suzuki lt250r, mx-style
86 suzuki lt250r, dune style
86 suzuki lt250r, parts bike, future woods bike
87 suzuki lt250r, sand drag bike - methanol
84 kawasaki ktx 250 dune bike - methanol
84 kawasaki ktx 250 woods/trail/sand
05 yamaha yfz450, stock
71 honda sl70, pitbike
78 can-am mx-3 dirtbike
89 kawasaki sx650, jetski
91 ski-doo safari
95 ski-doo elan

nope, no bias here, merly the fact that i like a purpose built machine to do exactly what it was built/bought for and do it flawlessly.

so, before you tell somebody that their new pride and joy is a POS, give them some respect, and think about what they want it to do.

with respect for your ignorance,
have a nice day.
-busyfixin

·
Registered
9 Posts
busyfixin, thanks for trying to help clear that up. He should just head on over to atvconnection.com and go the Polaris forums with his post. Plenty of guys over there own or have seen those motors built to make a lot of power.

-Marc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts