Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to replace the shocks and springs with aftermarket ones. Who makes them? It is a 2000 ZL 500 EFI. Does Fox? D&D? Anyone?

·
710 Posts
Are you looking to upgrade the complete rear skid or just newer shocks? If your looking to upgrade the shocks goodwinperformance.com has a pretty good price on the rebuildable ACT shocks (basically a upgraded Fox shock) which are standard on the ZR's. Depending on what your looking for you might want to look into a M-10 suspension or something similar.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would you like me to refer you as someone who informed me?

I mean, I do a LOT of jumping, HARD riding, etc. I would like to redo the rear and the front.

I am new to all of these rear shocks, which ones do you think would suit me the best. TRying to keep under 1,000 bucks.

I REALLY want the new M12, but I can't afford it. Even the M10 would be awesome.

Does anyone make new coil over springs for them aswell? I think I just might call craver a call...

·
710 Posts
Steve-o- said:

I mean, I do a LOT of jumping, HARD riding, etc. I would like to redo the rear and the front.

Don't know if you watch sno-cross but Goodwin Performance has alot of good riders racing. They pretty much do it all, tell them what you want for a set-up and they will do it. I know Carver is pretty good as well but doesn't hurt to check around if your going to drop some coin.

http://www.goodwinperformance.com/

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man.

Are the stockers rebuildable? Looks like just rear suspension is all for now i think.

Any experience with the fox shoxs?

·
710 Posts
I think being a ZL you have the non-rebuildable Ryde-FX shocks but I could be wrong. Fox shocks are one of the better shocks for the money. The ACT shock from Cat is a little bit better version than the regular Fox shock. Ohlins are supposed to be really nice but at about double the price of Fox. I would contact Goodwins or Carver and see what they say for your application and price range.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
pretty sure they are ryde fx, and cat makes hd springs for every sled. do not let them sell you a x link, buy the rear shocks seperate

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well called and talked to both. Goodwin Performance had nothing for me in stock. Great service, pleased.

Carver I called the tech line, talked to a Jason and gave me some ideas and more info. Deffinitly going with carver. Might do the front shocks too!

Am I going to need and special sping compressing tools?

Thanks again guys for all of the info.

·
710 Posts
Steve-o- said:
Well called and talked to both. Goodwin Performance had nothing for me in stock. Great service, pleased.

Carver I called the tech line, talked to a Jason and gave me some ideas and more info. Deffinitly going with carver. Might do the front shocks too!

Am I going to need and special sping compressing tools?

Thanks again guys for all of the info.
Sorry to hear they didn't have what you needed but happy to hear that you liked their service. That's what I like about them, you don't have to spend money for them to help you and they will take the time to gain your business the right way. That's how they got my business and they have great pricing on parts IMO as well. Good luck with what ever you do.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
you will not have to buy a spring compressor. just lossen the spring retainers till they are way loose and the bottom retainers will come right out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh am i PUMPED. Going to test out the new clutch set up this coming week. Then see if i want to do the front shocks too.

Also, thinking about a D&D Racing EFI chip. Hrm....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts