Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My zrt is running wierd or actually only running on two cylinders. It seems like it's flooded or something. It will start and the mag side will only fire about every second revolution. I tried changing the plugs but the same thing happens. It seems to stay wet. I am not sure if its water in that carb or something more serious. The sled has about 2500 miles on it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is it backfiring too?I just had a similiar problem on my 97 ZRT 600.It was the PTO side on mine.

The piston and cylinder have self-destructed.The plating is gone in a few spots and the piston is chewed up.Don't know if a ring broke loose or the plating peeled off first.This is not good:mad:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Trips have 2 coils for all three cyldrs. Might be its breaking down on you.I dont remember if the mag side is the single coil or not. Chase the wire and let me know. Check both coils with a multi meter and compare.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes my fears were true. I did a compression test today and it is the pto side with 28 psi. The center on was at 75psi and the mag side was 125psi. I hope the plating is not screwed up on it. Any one know what a jug costs to get new sleeves on it? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got some antifreeze in the crank case and will that be ok or will have to take the whole thing apart to properly clean it? The two jugs are pretty badly damaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts