Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
whats a wench for????
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a rear skid and track off craigslist for 200 bucks. it's a 162" and I think it's a 01-3 rmk I have it under my 92 polaris rt now I measured the hole mount 7x before I drilled and installed. and now that I have the whole rear end under it I can't get it to compress more than a inch. at first I went throu and tightened all the bolts it took we a few hours to realize I over tightened the sissors and pivot points. now it only moves 1 ". I do believe it has fat boy springs on it ! all grease fittings are greesed and move with no binding so what's not giving !??!?

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Is it in right? IE: When you had it out, did you have shocks pulled and flipped the arm around or something dumb? If you remove the springs from the blocks, will it move?

Pics also help!

·
Registered
303 Posts
You said you measured the holes 7x before you drilled. So do you mean you put the skid on the ground and measured the hole spacing on the skid.. Or you found the sled the skid came out of and measured the holes on the tunnel of that sled?

JT

·
whats a wench for????
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with the springs off it moves super easy with them on it only moves an 1-2" I measured off the old sled starting from the drivers and measure back to the 1st set of holes and then the second !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts