Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my 800 triple running in my 01 mach and i bled the oil pump as shop manual says with the screw on the side... and my 2 lines are lined up on the oil pump lever and body.. manual says i should see the air leaving the small individual oil lines going to each cylinder but the lines are a dark blue and cant see oil moving i am just paranoid about this engine i want to make sure everythings perfect and the oil pump is working as it should before i leave my driveway

thanks
connor.

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
I ALWAYS mix the first tank of gas with oil at 50:1 after any oil pump draining. Then fill the oil tank completely full and go ride. If the oil is going down normally, you will be oiling at about 25:1 and probably foul plugs, but if it isn't going down normally, you still have lubrication via the oil you put in the gas. The price of some fouled plugs is not near as bad as a couple of cylinders/pistons...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks.. took her for a ride tonight ran awesome pulls way harder then the old engine running a bit hot when not on the lake so im gona try and get some more air out of the cooling system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.