Snowmobile Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
That is the new version of the fuel pump they sell. Nothing is different about it other then that. I just put one on my '97 Indy 500 L/C Saturday. It makes no difference in the way it pumps fuel. On mine it makes it easier to run fuel line since my fuel pump is mounted on my air box from factory.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I had a '93 Indy 440 L/C with the same setup, it was bolted to the body originally. I just zip tied it off to some hoses and made sure there was no kinks in the hoses. Also you can try amazon prime for free for 30 days just cancel it before those 30 days are up so you can get w/e parts you want faster if you go that route. You could try to rebolt it down where it was originally but I never had good luck doing that. Was a crap design hence why Polaris switched over to mounting them on the air box.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
There might be a bolt in the bottom of it all depends on the year. Some you just had to pull the cover off and let it go everywhere so if you do that then put down a ton of rags first. Also use Full Synthetic Polaris, AMSOIL or Klotz Chaincase Oil only.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Nope they used actual chaincase fluid back then not 30 weight from the factory. Even then we were using that and then they upped it to a Full Synthetic Chaincase oil.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Am I missing a idler weel? This is a pick of the back of my track. Also shood I put some kind of lube in them?
20210118_171741_HDR.jpg
20210118_171741_HDR.jpg
20210118_171800.jpg

61 - 80 of 95 Posts