Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering how much weight on an 1997 Arctic Cat Bear cat (with the long track) would be too much? I have a friend who believes more than 300lbs is really beating on the machine. Thanks for you input.
John

·
Registered
711 Posts
YOur friend is right. However, it is a bear cat. A work sled not a trail sled, if you go slower, as in you are towing alot of weight or have alot of weight on the sled, you will be fine, just take er easy. I woudl say on your typical sled, 250 is really pushing it it you are out there jumping it and beating it, but a bear cat is different. Its a haul wood to the cabin while ccarying your family type of sled. My only true concern would be wearing out your belt in one spot or puting a big grove in it er somthing.

dano

·
Registered
106 Posts
Our club has two Bear Cats in addition to the 2 real groomers we use. I groom once a week and the drag must weigh at least 800lbs. We changed the gears for grooming at slower speeds, but it still pulls my fat a$$ and the drag with no problem. I wouldn't worry about it- 300lbs is nothing for that sled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts