Snowmobile Forum banner

how much horsepower in a 800 xc sp?

32K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Edge X kid 25 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how much horsepower is in a 2005 Polaris xc xp 800? Will it take my friends 05 CAT F7?

#2 ·
ouch

Well If the 05 F7's are slower than the 04 and 03's then mabey but my buddy had a pro x2 800 and i could beat him and he even had a hotseat single pipe and can. I had a stock 03 rev 800 and my buddy with an 03 f7 could beat me in a straight line. The xc 's are probably better on the top end then the pro x2 due to the suspention and chassi set up.

#3 · (Edited)
I've heard many mixed feelings about the comparisons. I'm sure the Polaris would take off in the long run. I am a Polaris fanatic but those F7's sure are sweet. My friend just got a 2005 F7 sno pro retro version. Its awesome looking and he keeps bragging that he will beat me when we line them up. Thanks for your Reply and if anyone still could tell me the horsepower issue, that would be great. Thanks

I cant wait for snow to see what really happens in the stand off!!

#5 ·
No Chance

StangerTC is one of my friends and I'm the one with the F-7 Retro. It will be a fast sled once I get the new sled gitters out. I used to drive a '99 Sno Pro and a ZRT 600. The F-7 is faster then the ZRT and the ZRT has Full Pipes, Reed Valves and performance clutch kit with 192 studs. And for the record I said I would smoke his XC 600 now the XC 800 is a different sled with 100 cc on me. It should be good.

#8 ·
I have a 03 700 xc sp and the book says it has 138 horse.My friend has an 04 f7 and i cant pull on him and the same with him, I have done some things to mine over the summer for better traction, I hope i can take him.Your 800 should take him. Givem hell you cant be taken by a putty cat. LOL:D

#10 ·
i think u could take an f-7 if your set up right i know a kid that has a 2003 pro-x 600 and he can run with an f-7 sno-pro and alls that is done to the pro-x is the clutch is played with and if you know what ur are doin with a clutch it will make all the difference in the world. that same person with a pro-x his dad has a pro-x2 700 and it will smoke an f-7 and they only played with the clutches on that also.

#13 ·
I think it would be close, but I agree with everybody on the clutching issue, it's the most important way to maximize your power and power to the track.

For the record, weight is a very key key issue too. I have an 04 Pro X 600 and my buddy rides an 01 MXZX 800.

On the lakes, from start all the way through we are consistently side by side, although I pull him off the start, he catches up and we run neck and neck till top out, which is almost identitcal.

He weighs 265 and I weigh 170, 100lbs makes a big difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.