Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard would it be to put a 440 liquid motor into my z-440 chassis? It is the sno pro model so it has good suspension all the way around. Would it be too much of a hassle to put in it or would it pretty much just drop right in? Does anybody know of a liquid 440 for sale for a reasonable price? Moneys kind of tight and i dont want to spend more than 3k so i though maybe i could find a wrecked one with a good motor and put that in my z. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
for 3k you could upgrade to a better sled. JMO

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
You'd have to install the heat exchanger under the tub, all the piping and hoses, etc. A lot of work, but doable. It will also make the sled MUCH heavier. Easier to buy one already liquid cooled.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see that it will be easier to just upgrade to a liquid sled. I was just wondering how much work it would have been to put that motor in there. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Motor's the easy part. It's the cooling that will be a pain to install. Hey, for $3k you should be able to pick up a NICE liquid sled! I've been watching eBay since February. There are some really decent sleds on there in your price range (but way out of my price range).

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
one of my friends put a 600 liberty into a 02 pro x fan as a mod, it can be done

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found an 03 LC Sno Pro for $3500 obo. He says its in mint shape, reprogrammed for pump gas, maintained by professional mechanic. He also sent me a pic and it looks awesome. Any opinions on this sled?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts