Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how fast will a articcat zr 440 go?. How many dollars should a '98 zr with 3000 miles sell for

·
Registered
135 Posts
As i highly doubt that you 88 el tigre can go 100 mph, for the lack of technology. We used to have a old ZL 440. Todays Z 370 will go the same speed as that. I am geussing around 84-98 MPH. The main difference between ZR's and ZL's is that the ZR shocks are stiffer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
440 should get up to around 90mph.

Around here, that sled would fetch about $2,000 to $2,400. Depends on the time of year though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry Steve but I have had that sled at 100. Maybe the speedo is off, but I have looked down and seen 100. I myself have a Z 370 and is tops out at about 65.

·
Registered
135 Posts
lol, you are proving my point! lol The speedo is off then.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
smoking-cat-99 said:
I'm sorry Steve but I have had that sled at 100. Maybe the speedo is off, but I have looked down and seen 100. I myself have a Z 370 and is tops out at about 65.
Make sure its not killometers per hour. ;) I remember way back in the day when Dano had a 88 blizzard (i think) and he told me he got it to 110 mph on a road until we looked at the speedo and found it was killometers / hour.

·
Vintage Racer
2,379 Posts
As i highly doubt that you 88 el tigre can go 100 mph, for the lack of technology. We used to have a old ZL 440. Todays Z 370 will go the same speed as that. I am geussing around 84-98 MPH. The main difference between ZR's and ZL's is that the ZR shocks are stiffer.
I bet money that it does go that fast. My TXl 340 before it s&*t the bucket did around 90-100

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
dude co'mon this thread is like 7 years old and no one even goes on here thats from this thread

·
FIRE RIDER
103 Posts
Lol there is now way a 440 could go that fast from a 88 spedo is def off. And it dosent matter this thread is 7 years old. Just a thread I've never seen haha

·
Registered
16 Posts
at high speeds most speedos are + - 5-10 mph im not sure about the new digital ones like the one most newer sleds have including my f7 but dont most read track speed? meaning if theirs track spin it will not be a correct read of your true speed. also i have a jag 440 that had a full rebuild and it topped out under 80 i believe but its a fan which makes a large difference.

·
Registered
24,951 Posts
OK OK now boys! Here is how it IS! Yes speedos are just a good guess! GPS or Radar is the only real test of speed! NO a stock 440 aint hitting 100! That being said, how Fast can you afford to Go! I can take that same 440 all the way out to 760 and about 160hp!

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
OK OK now boys! Here is how it IS! Yes speedos are just a good guess! GPS or Radar is the only real test of speed! NO a stock 440 aint hitting 100! That being said, how Fast can you afford to Go! I can take that same 440 all the way out to 760 and about 160hp!
HAHA my indy won't even do 100 lol and mine will only do 75- 80

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi kinda on the same topic.
How fast should a 1980 Pantera with a stock fan cooled 500 go?
The guy I'm buying it from said only about 55 maybe 60 I thought that sounded a little slow not sure though?
It does have 26000miles on it and is cheap so what can I expect

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
lol my 500 only does a 100 and i have a lot of time and money in it.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
Hi kinda on the same topic.
How fast should a 1980 Pantera with a stock fan cooled 500 go?
The guy I'm buying it from said only about 55 maybe 60 I thought that sounded a little slow not sure though?
It does have 26000miles on it and is cheap so what can I expect
i would say around 70. that sled is made more for trail and towing stuff. is it a 2 up? most are.oh i just seen it was a 80 not a 90 like i was thinking. still i'd say between 60 and 70 unless there is something wrong with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
lol I don't think 2up or 1up was an option back then. Yea I can't expect too much from it considering how old and used it is. also its a single carb fan cooled model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
everyone of you guys on here would be HIGHLY disappointed if you were to drag a radar gun out to your favorite "top speed" stretch..... A modern day 600 on a freshly groomed trail thats flat and straight for miles is LUCKY to hit 95 mph..... Find a buddy who's a sheriff and you'll really find out whats actually going what speed.... There is NO 440 lc out there on any type of trail that is going to do over 85-90 on anything...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts