Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1989 ovation 340 and mine is perfect condition but it blew up alot but any way i got it up to about 75 mph and my uncle got it up to 85 towen it so i want to know how fast you got it up to

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Ovation

well despite the fact the fact the speedo only maxes at 80. I have scene the speedo meter just laying at 80, i assume 85 or so, but i hate doing that type of damagae to the mchine anyway

·
Registered
42 Posts
my 340 ovation stinks the engine dies out at like 30-40 :( wats with all the ovation talk lately

·
Registered
329 Posts
97sx600 said:
i have a 1989 ovation 340 and mine is perfect condition but it blew up alot but any way i got it up to about 75 mph and my uncle got it up to 85 towen it so i want to know how fast you got it up to
let me understand?? your uncle towed your Ovation (that you could run to 75 on it's own power) at 85? That 340 will not run 75, maybe 55 tops, and I have never heard of towing a sled @ 85??????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think those guys were talking about km/hr and not mph
340, doing 80mph, i think i would be getting me one of those!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I dont think it would do 60 even if you dropped it out of an airplane.

·
Registered
42 Posts
he i reached 60 once, i have a 340 ovation

·
Registered
42 Posts
mph

·
Registered
329 Posts
really?? hard to believe, but you were riding it not me. must have been perfect conditions. was it a long lake run? how long did it take for you to get it to 60?

·
Registered
42 Posts
railroad tracks, not long to get up to speed

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hmm

80 mph isnt unheard of. The feidl I use is about 3 miles along by a mile wide, so once the traisl are packed with the right about ice underneath , she'll hit 80 but needs the inhaler afterwards, joking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts