Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firecats EFI How Are They?

I really like the firecats, and i was wondering does the sno-pro need to be wrenched on alot if i just trail rode with one?? Also whats trhe diffference with the snopro and the regular? How do you guys like the EFI is it better then carbs?

I know its a lot of questions but...

·
Registered
205 Posts
man, the firecats are awesome. i wouldnt go with the race sleds tho, they do need to be wrenched on A LOT. i guarantee a 440 sno-pro would beat my f-6 all the way up to 75, and by then he's too far ahead to catch up to. i know a guy with an '02 sno-pro and he loves it, he just gets sick of working on it. he can pull the skis up to the windshield anywhere tho. that thing has balls. i think the efi is awesome, it always starts second pull, no choke to play around with, and the throttle pull is so easy. for racing go with carbs. and the difference is huge between the sno-pro and the regular, the sno-pro is wicked tweaked out for racing. not a trail sled.

·
Registered
431 Posts
RMK, are you talking about a 440 sno-pro or a firecat sno-pro? If you talkin firecat the the only differance is a taller lug track(on some models) and a differant shock and spring package. I have an f5 and wish it was efi. I rode a f6 last spring and my next sled will definately be efi.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh i meant the firecat sno pro like the F6 sno-pro efi

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hillbilly seams to like his ALOT, but i will let him tell you. I absolutely love my f5. the only thing i dont like are the warmer controls and the oil consumtion. Seams like alot of people are getting away from polaris. Did they wait to update to late???? only time will tell.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i think polaris will make a huge comeback with their new sled. and sorry about the misunderstanding, i thought you were talkin about the 440 racer lol. and the sno-pro susp package is premium rebuildable shocks all around, and the option of a 1" or 1.375" track. it's worth a lot of money if bought separately. i love my sled, but quality really isnt top notch, today with 90 miles on it, my damn kill switch doesnt work. i know all arctic cats have problems with these things, but i would expect them to work longer than 90 miles. if you can get 1, go for it, they're awesome. they jump so good, they just float thru the air really balanced.

·
Registered
431 Posts
yeah, my killswitch broke back in november. Luckily it was still under warranty:D The knob pulled right out of the switch, that was at 1600 miles

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have seen a lot of blown up firecats this year!! They seem to have a reliability issue still. The EFI is way better than the carbs if you arent racing. I would wait another year to buy a new one, they still have some bugs to work out. They do rip!!! Thats for sure!!! I would look to polaris to come out with something wicked soon. They havent been the top selling sled in the world for 15 yrs because they're stupid. I heard they merged with the makers of the Blade sleds....... could be a sweet deal there!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still like polaris a lot but i also like arctic cat just as much and rite now its the pro-x and firecat to decide on lol but i wouldnt get one im only 14 and i have no job or money lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts