Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to find a way to stiffen up my rear suspension on my 93 indy 500. I have the it set to the highest setting now but with my big a$$ on it (5'11",285lbs) it still isn't enough. Do they sell a stronger spring or can I double it up some how?

·
Registered
123 Posts
yes they do sell bigger springs i had to do the same thing because im also alittle on the large side too i got both two rear springs and a new front spring for the track suspension um one question does the sled sit as high as it can go when you get off of it ? do you need to pull the a$$ end of the sled up?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when I get off it comes up all the way

·
Registered
323 Posts
Couple thoughts here guys,

If a suspension doesnt come back up all the way you could have a few things going on, first and foremost as already mentioned, weak springs. But also check all the pivot points on your front and rear arms, may sure they are free and not bent and binding.

And second, last year I did a lot of research on rear suspension, as i am also a big guy, eventually I upgraded to a used M10, and part of the M10 setup tells you is, for a bigger rider, where the rear scissor arm bolts to the slide rails, move it back 1 bolt hole ot so, that changes the geometry for a bigger guy. The M10 actually uses a sliding mechanism like whats used on the very rear idler wheels to tighten the track.

So on an factory setup, most rails have additional bolt holes already there, just seems that no one has told us why they are there!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts