Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to modify the F5 muffler box to make it louder without loosing HP? Or what is a cheap way to make it louder? I know you can't really gain HP with a pipe, I'm just after noise!

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Don't make your sled louder unless you feel like making non-snowmobilers hate snowmobiles even more

loud sleds are bad for ALL sledders

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Maybe you should trade it in for a Yamaha Triple:p

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If you buy a pipe, it will increase it a few HP it should any ways

·
Registered
20 Posts
Louder is Bad!!!

Why would you want to make it louder?

·
Registered
96 Posts
best thing to do is save some money and buy an aftermarket can. They sound really good and they are not that LOUD. I got one on my 600 and it sounds great.

·
Banned
114 Posts
I don't know about the laws in other states, but in New York where I live the DEC is giving tickets for cans. The ticket isn't for the sound level either, it is for a modified exhaust system!

·
Registered
329 Posts
MI does have sound restrictions as well. If you are from Houghton & plan to ride there, I wouldn't do it, unless you want a ticket.

Inexpensive way to make things loud? Take the exhaust off, run it straight out the header!! Loud? Yes. Good for the sled? NO. Looks cool at night? Very!! *fire, fire, fire*

·
Registered
96 Posts
damn that sucks. Well in Maine there is laws for SOUND level restrictions. But they do not enforce them. . Owell. Well the way I see it is. They have to catch me first.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with all of you how said "why louder" and "don't bother"
Just to clairify, I am asking for a friend of mine and that is what I told him, but I said I would ask.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i say if he wants it loud let him..... who are all you to say... it's him that will have a headache after a couple hours of riding.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't turn your sights on me I was just asking for a friend and I didn't think it was important whose sled it was, I don't even own a firecat. I ride stock anyway, and about my friend getting a headache, you know what they say, "No brains. No headache.":D

·
Registered
52 Posts
trade it for a vmax 600, between a 96-00, with all the back firing and sputtering ull have it loud enough....lol

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
JoeyO said:
damn that sucks. Well in Maine there is laws for SOUND level restrictions. But they do not enforce them. . Owell. Well the way I see it is. They have to catch me first.
Yea a lot of people have aftermarket exhaust up here but like you say they dont enforce the laws(as far as i know)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok well at the end of your pipe u can DRILL every 1-3" hole about 4mm wide into the pipe.. more u drill louder it will get or do it 3" away from the muffler i did it to my quad and when i fev it it will sake the ground NOW that beaing said it might end up sounding like crap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts