Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know what the two new Yamahas are like,specifically the Rage and Warrior. I have a Fusion now and not 100% pleased with the motor as far as power. I'm pretty intrigued by these two machines,but want to know since I like to stand when I ride hard,rough trails or lakes if the Yamahas are good enough to handle that. I would like better mileage and I hear they get b/t 15-20mpg. I ride about 200-300 miles a day when on vacations. So just curious what you Yamaha guys think. Anybody hear what's new for next year yet,I like the 4-stroke stuff,but would like something that can handle a beating the way the Fusion and Rev's ride.

·
Registered
570 Posts
New Yamaha sleds are going to debut on 2/7. Supposed to be some new models.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Or not. I wouldnt mind having a RX1 at all!! Even if they are a bit heavy they sure can haul ass!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your missing out if you don't have at least one sled older than 1989

·
Registered
92 Posts
Missing out on what? A sore back? Crappy handling? Fouled plugs? No power? Sounds like a lot of fun. I might restore a vintage sled someday, but I will never buy anything from the late 70's, 80's or 90's ever again.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your missing out on that heavy never going to tip over feeling from polaris sleds 1980-1990

...If your going to restore a vintage sled someday you would have to buy one from somewhere....unless your idea of vintage is 2001 sleds

·
Burn Baby Burn !!
768 Posts
i got a "vintage sled" and is my daily driver sled.. bought it 2 years ago for 600$ CDN.i'Ts got 7000 miles on it . i changed the chain case oil, new plugs, new cables ( choke and throttle) and a water pump. i must add it's not that bad for the back being a deluxe sled of the end fo the 90's

so in two years i did just maintenance and took it the lake for ice fishing alot and rode it around here alot too..

so thats a bout 50$ insurrance and 75$ to get a valid licence plate on it per year.

so for 1200$ CDN in two years i had fun and it never burned a spark plug or anything, and i top 80 MPH with a little bit of fine tuning of the clutches on the speedo..and it's got a reverse.

now THAT'S cost effective :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
600SE said:
Your missing out on that heavy never going to tip over feeling from polaris sleds 1980-1990
No, I'm not missing out on that "heavy never going to tip over feeling", I have a 99' 600XC and that thing is a tank. I honestly feel that it's just as easy(maybe even easier) to lift the front end of an RX-1 than my 99'. I know all about that heavier feeling you are refering to, and its not as fun as current sleds, heavier sleds take much more work to manipulate on and off the trail, and they are a pain in the arse when you get stuck. But, to each his own.
600SE said:

...If your going to restore a vintage sled someday you would have to buy one from somewhere....unless your idea of vintage is 2001 sleds
No, when I say vintage, I mean 60's and early 70's. I dont think that current sleds will be collected and restored like these originals currently are. I dont imagine 30 years from now anybody will look at my 99' 600 and think that its worth restoring, it has no real historical significance, same thing with my 05'. Also, I dont understand where you are coming from with that comment, but yes, I do understand that if there is a sled that I want, and I dont currently own it, I will have to buy it from somewhere(even if it is a 2001?).

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
600SE said:
Your missing out if you don't have at least one sled older than 1989
Deffinately not! i had a 88 Indy Sport 340 that i sold before the snow flied, and i deffinately dont miss that thing!! yeah it sucks not having a sled but that thin was terrible! Suspension sucked, it was light, but that doesnt matter when the engine was slow! Yeah if you only wanna go 20mph on the trails on the old sleds then sure get one but if you want to go somewhat fast on any trail that has any type of bump and not get tired, then buy a newer sled!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can anyone tell me about the Vector motor? Is it comparable as far as quickness to the faster 600's. Looking at getting rid of the Fusion for a new Nytro next year without going bigger and spending too much. Will I like the motor and it's performance I guess is what I'm asking?

·
Registered
271 Posts
sledneck27 said:
Also, I dont understand where you are coming from with that comment, but yes, I do understand that if there is a sled that I want, and I dont currently own it, I will have to buy it from somewhere(even if it is a 2001?).
I meant that a lot of u guys these days trade in your sleds at the end of the year and get a new one so u don't have to f around with worn parts......In other words (maybe your idea of an old sled is 2001), Thats prety much what i had in the post to so....If u still don't understand...boy, i don't know whats goin on, contact your local doctor...(just kidding)

·
Registered
15 Posts
How the yamaha 4 strokes run?

If you want check out how the yamaha 4 strokes run, look up race results on Yamaha's factory web site. Grass drags and ice races. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts