Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some cleaning to my sled hood and the registration stickers are really on there, anyone know a good way to get them off? I was scraping them off with a poker chip for a while but it didn't work that well lol.

Also, the foam under my hood is all brittle and hard/falling off, is it that important to have? I think it actually poses a threat to clogging my carbs thats how brittle it is. I was just going to rip it out but wanted some more input on it.

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
try a blowdryer always works great for me, as for the heat sheald you can scrap it off and stick aluminum duckt tape instead

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
I hate sticker off, i dont know why it just bothers me. I use a heat gun, and for the excess adhesive left behind i spray some brake cleaner and its fine..
if you use a heat gun/ blowdrier be careful not to heat it up too much, its easy to gouge the hood surface when its hot. (i hid it with a sticker. haha)

·
---------(PI488)---------
2,742 Posts
I hate sticker off, i dont know why it just bothers me. I use a heat gun, and for the excess adhesive left behind i spray some brake cleaner and its fine..
if you use a heat gun/ blowdrier be careful not to heat it up too much, its easy to gouge the hood surface when its hot. (i hid it with a sticker. haha)
brake cleaner works great!Goo gone is ok too.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Don't use starter fluid to get the goo off! Unless you want your windshield to have a dull spot on it like my old one! Denatured alcohol, goo gone, brake cleaner all good things to get the sticky off. A little pepermint schnapps on a rag worked good once on a boat I was stripping! Tasted good too.

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tips, I ended up using a blow dryer which worked great and some dot 3 to get the sticky off, I topped it off with an armor all protection wipe and its looking nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
after you take the sticker off if there's still the residue from it on there put some peanut butter on it for about an hour and then wipe it off. the oils in the peanut butter breaks down the sticky stuff.

·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea someone recommended that but wasn't sure if it worked lol, theres probably a lot one can use, my first thought was goo gone but all i had was dot 3. I tested that off brand walmart (blue can) stuff too, I think its called supertech, it worked but not as good as brake fluid.

I was amazed how well heat helped though, I had boched the left side sticker before I came to the forums and it looked like there was no hope but it came off in one easy peel.:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts