Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 01 XCR 800 triple, once its warm idle stays up almost too the point of engagement. If i pull the choke it will fall right back down to normal. Or if I hit the kill switch and pull it back up right away it will fall down to normal. Could it be my needles?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sounds like it's lean, have you made any changes or is this an "All of a Sudden" type thing. Jets are probably getting a little shalaque build up. shane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I down jetted two seasons ago, idle stayed up occasionally but never at 4000 rpm. Just had the carbs apart and cleaned. Would my needle jet settings affect this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Only if the needle jet is plugged, or do you mean the clip setting on the needle itself? If you mean needle clip setting, no it will not make it idle high. Sounds like the carb cleaning is suspect, it ran right before carb cleaning so it should not need a jet change. Go back over the carbs and inspect for problems. shane

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds more on the line of your pilot jet is clogged,possibly from cleaning something got in there,or an air leak will make your sled idle high,clean out the pilots again with air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts