Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 Ski-Doo GSX 500ss. The sled seems to idle really high . 3,000 rpm +. So I kinda figured out . If I put the choke at the half way mark . To help bring down the high idle before I shut it off. Seems to stop it from backfiring .when the engine gets warmed up or hot, after riding. I know that the carburators have idle screws . Just figured I would ask before I start adjusting things lol. Do all 2005, GSX 500ss ski-doo's have this problem ?? . Just seems weird because I know the sleds past history and it was babyed . And I figured how I picked it up at a ski-doo dealer getting serviced and the bill came to $750 dollars. The micanic would have caught that problem , because my girlfriend did lol...

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Just adjust the idle down yourself. Turn the idle screw 1/4 turn at a time until the idle is what you want.
Should be a large finger-turnable knob between the carbs, but on top (where the throttle cable goes to).

Usually fairly easy to get to and since it is a throttle body, it is one screw for both carbs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been told that on this particular model sled . If you adjust the idle screw it will take away all the spunk and make the sled stall out . When it ingauges into reverse .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts