1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Can they take the vibration???

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have hids in my sled and they work fine. no problems at all and nights are always about 35982398753 times brighter, never looks like night time on the trails, thats for sure.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Any problems with heat??? I heard that HIDs get quite hot when they are on (which would be all the time, on a sled). Also, how much current do they draw??

·
Registered
375 Posts
500 bucks for a pair...............no way no one would buy them

What is the difference between HID and Xenon?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya...i should have said 500bucks Canadian....so like 350-400 USD I would guess. It takes up to 20A to start the bulb, then 3.2 amps to run. THey run at 35Watts, and headlights are 55/65Watts, so they actually do not get nay hotter then a halogen.

·
Registered
375 Posts
kidcorona_kid said:
I hear ya...i should have said 500bucks Canadian....so like 350-400 USD I would guess. It takes up to 20A to start the bulb, then 3.2 amps to run. THey run at 35Watts, and headlights are 55/65Watts, so they actually do not get nay hotter then a halogen.
All the ones i have found online are way less then 350 dollars US. I think u got riped

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya don't get me wrong, there are some cheap brands out there, and ya they are totally fine too, but hey, you gonna get whatcha paid for, and I wouldn't worry too much, about the price, I was taken care of.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I guess... if you have the money...

I bought a 1980 Jag (over the summer) for $500. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am from canada and just bought hids for my sled for 200 canadian. from the local custom truck shop. i think you guys are getting ripped off.

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
haha this ALWAYS happens to me, im reading along then BAM someones like dude why the zombie then i check the dates.. haha wow 500 bucks 5years ago sounds about right >.<

·
Registered
303 Posts
Those lights are so bright.. Id be afraid that if i got my sled up to 88 miles per hour the flux capacitor may kick in and ill be sent back to 1885.. And then bust a fuel line..

JT

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love those HiD xenon lights, once you ride with them you cant go without them.. On one of my set up I did 6K and 8K reason why is that 6K cut through the storm and fog. 8K put a color to the path :)

What do you mean when you hit 88 mph the lights wont work ?

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
I love those HiD xenon lights, once you ride with them you cant go without them.. On one of my set up I did 6K and 8K reason why is that 6K cut through the storm and fog. 8K put a color to the path :)

What do you mean when you hit 88 mph the lights wont work ?
He's making a movie reference, "back to the future" I think.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts