Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wondering how to install some HID lights in my sled with no battery. What can i use to power the ballasts to light the lights? Also, what headlight bulbs does my sled take, sled info in sig.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
You need a heavy duty voltage rectifier, big enough to handle the draw from the hid's.

but... with that said, hid's will probably reduce your overall light on the ground, and will dramatically increase how much you shine into oncoming traffic's eyes. A light housing made for a filament bulb will make for a really crappy housing with a HID bulb installed.

(traditional lights emit the light from the filament itself, whereas a hid will emit light from the entire bulb casing. ENTIRELY different light patterns, and you need a housing that accounts for that.)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i know that....i have HIDs in my pickup truck, the thing is though, the current lighting i have is, well, crappy as heck. Theres times i have to even make sure my headlight is on its so bad.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
The fact that you run them in a truck really says a lot. It's bad enough that you have to blind drivers on the road, you want to bring that crap to the trails now. Buy something nice for your sled that doesn't endanger other riders and invest in projectors in your truck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fact that you run them in a truck really says a lot. It's bad enough that you have to blind drivers on the road, you want to bring that crap to the trails now. Buy something nice for your sled that doesn't endanger other riders and invest in projectors in your truck.
WOW! jumping the gun here a little bit arent we? i already have retrofitted projectors into my housings so just take a chill pill!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
You retro'd the housings on your sleds? Really? Got pics? Where did you set the cut off height? Why don't you re-phrase your original question...

"How can I install really bright lights in my sled so I can look really cool as I blind other riders and endanger everybody else on the trail?" Don't ask how to do something ILLEGAL and then tell me to chill out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts