Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone~ Just wanted to say hi, I've been reading the board for a while now and figured I'd sign up. I live in Duluth, MN and ride a 99 ZR 700. Nice to meet everyone!

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
good to meet you as well

welcome to the forums

cobra and dano are from duluth as well :D (and prolly some others i dont know well enough)

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
hey hows it going, i got a 99 zr 700 too, yours stock?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Welcome to the both of you, this board is really helpful!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey cazwell, mines basically stock. Just 196 picks, clutch kit, silencer, EGT gages and high temp coated piston. I'm looking for a set of pipes for it also. How about yours?

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
mostly stock, quite a few cosmetic mods, your just the guy im looking for, did you find that a clutch kit helped alot?, and do you know whats in it.. i want to clutch mine but i have some spare clutch parts at home and don;t want to buy a kit, what springs/wieghts/helix is in yours... that would help me so much, i've asked a few guys but no one has gotten back to me, i just don;t want to buy a kit and find it comes with 2 springs i already have or something stupid, or a helix close to the one i have. cause i have a 53-55 sitting at home somewhere, or a 55-53 can't remember.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey caswell~ The clutch kit makes a huge difference, it's definitly worth the work to get teh right set up. Much faster off the line and shifts much better than stock. I didn't buy a regular kit, just parts from black majic and cat. I've got 55.5 gram weights with a black front spring from black majic and a 57-50 helix with a yellow spring in the secondary. I don't remember where the secondary came from, cat I think but might have been black majic. I got the helix from the dealer, it was an old one and got it for free. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions. By the way, have you ever had trouble breaking motor mounts on your 700? I've gone through a pile of them in my sled.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH, haha you are the greatest, no i haven;t seemed to have the problem with the motor mounts, that i know of, i've been looking for this clutching for about a year now. That will help me so much, i guess i might try my 55-53 helix but im thinking i'll need that longer angle to get the shift rate. I won;t need a spring for the secondary either, which hole do you put it in, i know center is stock. Is a black primary spring from black magic the same as a cat black spring?

But last year i had some problems, it had been in a slough the year before, the guy before me did it so all of the bearings were pretty much screwed, the primary clutch spider broke, its on another thread here somewhere, i'll send you a link sometime here, recoil exploded and nearly wrecked the mag and flywheel. But got that all fixed up and did osme work this summer, 1.25 track, recharged the shocks, a little seat repair, some painting, 3" risers sitting on the seat ready to go on, didn't have time to install them last time i was home, put a green windshield on it, its lookin pretty sharp, now all i was left to do is clutch it and find my silencer i don;t want a new one as they are kind of expensive. But thanks again i'll let you know how i make out.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Bulldog?

Do you go to school at UMD? I'm a student in the biology department.

If your a student here, maybe we'll meet sometime.... (but don't let this freak you out.)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Cobra~ I'm a senior in the school of business and econ at UMD. Nice to meet you. Are you from Duluth orriginally? See you around sometime.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Caswell, I don't really remember if the springs are teh same from black magic and cat... I bet if you give black magic a call they can tell you.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
Bulldog said:
Hey Cobra~ I'm a senior in the school of business and econ at UMD. Nice to meet you. Are you from Duluth orriginally? See you around sometime.
Sweet! I'm a senior majoring in cell biology department buy I am getting an econ minor.

Right now I'm in macroeconomics, micro analysis, and anti-trust and regulations.

If you want to e-mail me at [email protected] you can drop me a phone number or we can stay in touch via e-mail if you would be interested in riding around Duluth sometime.

Mark

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
hey bulldog, couldn;t find a blakc spring from black magic, they were all like 2 color combos, like black/green and such i have pm'ed you a few times but musta not have checked em.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey guys!~ Stupid question, but how do you check private messages?

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
haha not not stupid, go to the main menu page, the one that shows all of the boards, click on,
SnowmobileForum.com - Forum and Message Board
near the top left of the screen, scroll down to the very bottom of the page. The last heading will say private messages, click on this to view your messages, below the heading it will say the number of new and old messages. hope this helps

1 - 18 of 18 Posts