Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been here for a couple weeks now, mostly bugging people with questions in the arctic cat forums.

Lets see, little about me...
My name is Jake, I'm 28, I used to have an old '84 440 Jag that I rode everywhere, but a buddy of mine sunk it in a pond... so I didn't have a sled for a long time, finally got back into it this winter by buying a '94 440 Jag for $50 that was in pretty good shape and fixing it up, got it running well and rapidly realized that for the riding around here I needed/wanted something bigger so shortly after I went out and bought a 2001 700 RMK.

I'm not a very good rider yet but I'm learning, and this is a good year to do it! We have about 40" of snow down in the low country and up to 80" up on the mountains.

I can walk out my door, hop on my sled and be on the mountain in 10 minutes or less depending how crazy I feel. Or just ride around on my property, about 400 acres.

Anyway, that's me, hi to everyone, and thanks for all the help I've already gotten from people on this forum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where do you ride? My family and I are from around boise and we sled everywhere. Just wondering if there are any new places to sled around here.

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends, mostly ride on Council Mountain, but Cuddy Mountain is right out my back door and if you can make it to the top you can get over to Pitt and Smith Mountain as well as Horse Heaven, which is just south of the Seven Devils, if you're familiar with the country.

Where do you guys ride? If you live in the Boise area and can stand HWY 55, would be easy to drive up to Cascade and head out towards Warm Lake, there's lots of fun areas to ride out there, I think they're still grooming up to the lake but I'm not sure... we used to ride 4wheelers on the trail lol. Good terrain for starters or experienced riders out there.

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flat land is fun.... mountains are funner!

We got some snow last night! supposed to snow the rest of the week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We've been to cutty a couple of times. We stopped going when my twin sister drove her sled over a cliff. We do alot of riding on tri pod (sage hen) We drop off the backside and thats the backside of west mountain. We've also done the stanley run where we unload at warmlake and ride the 80 miles in. We need to keep in touch my husband and I always like to ride with new people

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we got about 8" last night and this morning, but it turned to rain this afternoon in the valley, still snowing up high, but the roads are a mess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts