Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ski-doo Question - still need your help !

I recently purchased a 2002 mxz-x 700, Without getting into who what & where,,,,I thought it had 600 miles but now find out it has at least 3k up to 5k miles. My question is how much less would you or a dealer ask for a sled with this kind of mileage?? I'm looking for a reasonable dollar amount. I'm not a happy camper! Thanx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Woha, that stinks. I can't give you a specific amount but you can work off this: At about 4k miles it should have it's first major service done. That means all new idler wheel bearings, probably hyfax sliders, carbides, drive chain and possably drive gears and jackshaft bearings, etc. I just did all this myself on my '01 polaris- cost me about $600 doing all the service myself. At about 7k miles you will need to do the crank bearings. That's a b!tch and cost my buddy last year about a grand. That's with him pulling the crank himself (beraings, rebuilt crank, rings- cause you pull the barrels and need to do them anyway, etc.)

In a nutshell, unless you can document that these services have been done, I would find the book value and figure it's actual value by subtracting about $1500. Hope I didn't depress you more!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts