Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My summit 670X is not running right! This weekend i went out with my sled and everything was running fine, until about that last hour. It rev's up really high, and idle's really low. it bog's down. I recently put a can on it, and i lost the silicone seal on it this weekend as well. i have sealed it up again, but have not tried the sled again. i was wondering if that might have had something to do with it. not the right compression or something? just wondering if anyone had any other ideas, or had heard of this problem before.

·
Registered
329 Posts
the can will not effect bogging or idling. your problem sounds more like clutching and/or carburation. the problems you are describing could be a number of things. i would start by inspecting/cleaning/adjusting the clutch, also take a look at your plugs, they may be fouled out (or at least one of them) properly firing plugs should exhibit a nice tan color and be dry. your sled should have an adjustable drive pulley. the drive pulley is factory calibrated to transmit max engine power at a specific RPM. thare are many factors to consider, such as temperature (outside), altitude or surface conditions. all of these may affect critical engine RPM and overall sled performance. the calibration screws should be adjusted so actual max engine RPM matches with max engine horsepower. you can consult those specs in your owners manual, usually located in the back. i believe this may be causing your bogging. just a good carb cleaning and calibration may be in order as well. if you are not comfortable with "wrenching" yourself, I would make an appointment with your dealer and have them take a look at your sled. learning the clutch and carb system on sleds took me years to learn and can be intimidating to say the least. some of the other guys may have other ideas for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check out your stator. My machine started to bog down and I found one pole burnt on my stator. My machine worked great cold for about 2 to 3 mins and then it started bogging, I couldn't get past 6500 rpm. good luck............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fiddler 5.0

You mentioned a bad stator....do you mean magnito? how did you fix this? I'm experiencing the same symtoms on my '92 mach and haven't found a solution. I have went through the clutching, carbs and even replaced the coil as someone recommended but still having the problem. It seems to be getting worse every time I go. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts