Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got it fixed last year and im having same problem as i did then . my starters dogs dont wana catch when you try and pull start it . ive looked every where online and the same place i did last year for the starter kits with no luck . i know some other recoil starters are interchangable with this sled does any one know of a list of other starters i could use in this ? or any place selling a new starter kit? i would like to just slap a different starter and there asap so i can jump on the trails and im seeing alot of older sled starters on ebay just not sure what will work. i feel so left out not being able to rid this year :( any help would be appriated.

·
Registered
142 Posts
you talking about like a pull start or an actual electric start? if your talking bout pull start then take it off and see why the teeth are not catching. i will look around and see if i can find any

·
Registered
142 Posts
ok thats perfectly fine cause you have to start somewhere. What i would do is take it off again hold it in your left hand and pull the cord you will see two or three teeth or spurs that will pop out when you pull it if they look good then look in the case to see whats going on but if they are all rounded of then i would replace it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the dogs are rouned abit . issue which i figured they where gona have to be replaced but problem is since its a older sled is finding the parts . i saved the site where i bought a new starter kit from last year but they arnt selling snowmobiel parts any more . and i know other starters from differnt sleds will work like a kawasaki 440 intruder and some others but im not sure what others there are i could use . it would be much easier and probubly cheaper just to slap a new starter from a differnt sled if it matches up (ebay has alot of old starters from older 440 selds ) but if any one knows where i can get a new starter kit ill do it that way to as its only $25 to rebuild it (not counting what parts cost which was $16 with shipping last year when i did it) so if any one knows a website where i can get the starter kit or what other model sleds starters i could use would help alot . we have lots of snow and seeing all the sleds drive by is killin me .

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just a word of warning - it's kinda tricky to figure out how all of that goes together. I took mine apart to lube it up and had a heck of a time figuring out what went where.

If you have a digital camera, snap some pics as you take it apart. It'll make things much easier to reassemble.

Well, unless the kit comes with instructions - then go by those!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im just gona to take it to the snowmobile shop and let them deal with it . i'll pay the $25 to avoide the head ache . have to go there any ways to renew my trail tags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.